COVID-19: Test and Trace Support Payment

In some circumstances, if you are required by law to self-isolate from the 28th of September you may be supported by a payment of £500.

You are now able to apply for the test and trace support payment also known as self isolation payment.

Before you apply

The personal information collected from you will be used to prevent fraud.  Deliberate manipulation and fraud will not be accepted and would face potential prosecution and funding claw back.  Please view Fair Processing Notice for COVID-19 related grant and payments

Apply for the Test and Trace Support payment

If you are unable to apply online or need help please call the Track and Trace Isolation Payments support line on 0800 464 3623, Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm.

Anyone in Mendip who needs help during this difficult period of time can request help.  We will help or put you in touch with relevant organisations if you need: 

  • housing advice including
    • if you are worried about your ability to meet your rent or mortgage payments or have rent or mortgage arrears which you are struggling to pay
    • advice if are you homeless or at risk of homelessness
  • financial support 
  • if you are worried, anxious or needing emotional support
  • personal care
  • employment and skills advice

COVID-19 Contact form

Who can get the Test and Trace Support Payment?

To get the Test and Trace Support Payment, you must:

  • be asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because they've tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
  • be employed or self-employed
  • be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result and
  • be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
  • meet all the conditions, however if you are not receiving one of the benefits mentioned above, you can still apply using the application form if you are on a low income

Can I claim if I'm self-isolating after returning to the UK?

The scheme does not cover people who are self-isolating after returning to the UK from abroad, unless they have tested positive for coronavirus or have been instructed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.

Can more than one person in a household claim?

People in the same household can make an individual application if they meet qualifying criteria.

Can I claim more than once?

You can claim more than once, if you are told to self-isolate multiple times.

Can I apply on behalf of someone else?

Applicants can claim on behalf of someone else (eg a son on behalf of a parent) but the payment will only be made into the bank account in the name for whom the application was made (eg in the parent's name)