Street Nameplates and Furniture

We are responsible for ensuring that street nameplates are provided and fitted in suitable positions. However, in the case of a new development it is the developer that is responsible for the erection of nameplates. We also maintain street furniture that is on our land.

Damaged or missing nameplates

We are responsible for repair and maintenance of street name plates when this becomes necessary due to accidental damage, vandalism or normal wear and tear.

We don't deal with damaged road signs, like speed limit signs, these should be reported to Somerset County Council.

Apply for a damaged/missing street nameplate

Requests for new nameplate

Requests for new nameplates for roads and lanes that have not been named before should be channeled through the relevant Parish / Town Council to ensure that local people and local variations of names have been considered.

Icon for pdf Advice for new developments [1.31MB]

Street Furniture

These are the types of street furniture we maintain on our land:

  • Public seats
  • Bollards
  • Finger posts and information boards for tourists
  • Litter bins
  • Dog excrement bins

You can report faults with street furniture .