Recycle More in Mendip
Recycle More is a new kerbside service, adding new materials to weekly recycling collections: household and food plastic pots, tubs and trays; food and drink cartons; small household batteries; and small electrical items.
To find out your waste and recycling collection dates please search using your address:
Mendip now has the Recycle More service. For full details of what is collected and some top tips, click here
Bright Blue Bag
- Plastic bottles - please rinse, squash, put caps and tops back on. Discard pumps and trigger sprays, e.g. from soap bottles and cleaning sprays.
- Plastic pots, tubs and trays - any colour.
- Tins and cans, steel or Aluminium, rinsed and squashed if possible - no need to remove labels - please place loose can lids inside squashed cans; all other metal items should be taken to any recycling site.
- Aluminium foil - rinsed and scrunched, not if plastic or paper backed.
- Aerosols - only recycle empty, and do not pierce or squash.
Box 1 (usually green)
- Glass bottles and jars, rinsed and unbroken - no table or cook ware, put metal and plastic tops and lids back on.
- Cartons, such as Tetra Paks - please rinse, squash and put any caps back on.
Box 2 (usually black)
- Paper, newspapers, magazines, leaflets, directories, white envelopes (no need to remove windows) and other white paper.
- Cardboard that is brown corrugated, grey card, greetings cards and brown envelopes - please flatten. Small bits of card can be put into larger boxes before flattening - cut or tear up large pieces. Please remember, very large pieces or should be taken to a recycling site and may not be collected at the kerbside.
Plastic bags (not black sacks)
- Small household batteries, in a small tied bag.
- Small electrical items - no bigger than carrier bag, in an untied bag (not black sack)
Food waste bin
- All food waste, cooked or raw.
For more information on Recycle More in Mendip please visit the Somerset Waste Partnership website: