Mendip District Council only maintain trees that are on Mendip District Council owned land.
Before reporting an issue please check to see if the tree is located on MDC owned land. You can do this by using our online mapping system.
Mendip routinely survey all their trees on a 4 year cycle, before reporting please check our schedule below as we may be visiting your area soon.
To report tree issues
We will investigate any issues regarding a MDC owned tree when reported. To report an issue please use the form below, this is sent direct to Mendips contractor Idverde. They will contact you with an update.
Trees not owned by Mendip
Guidance on Trees and Hedges
For information and guidance for trees that have a tree preservation order or are in a conservation area or issues relating to hedges, please visit: Guidance on Trees and Hedges
Tree work raised in August 2019 as a result of the Tree Survey and/or customer reports:
Glastonbury tree works scheduled
- Lowerside Play Area POS: Crown clean, climbing plants removal and remove hanging broken branch.
Frome tree works scheduled
- No tree works planned.
Shepton Mallet tree works scheduled
- Henley Rise: Cherry - section fell.
- POS at Hyatt Place: Goat Willow - Crown lift, prune to clear building, remove broke hanging branch, remove misc.object.
- Mason Way Kickabout: Section Fell Whitebeam.
- St Peters & St Pauls: Various trees - planning application submitted for approval.
Street tree works scheduled
- No tree works planned
Wells works scheduled
- Sealey Crescent: Lime - Crown Clean.
- Charterway: Ash - Crown clean, Crown lift.
- Beckington: Various trees and works as per survey - Crown lifting pruning to clear buildings or Street furniture/cables.