We are responsible for administering and issuing licences, permits, consents and notices within the district of Mendip, including Taxis, Street Trading, Animal Boarding establishments, Premises Licences in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 and the Gambling Act 2005.

We offer a face to face service by appointment only for technical licensing enquiries. Appointments are available between 10 am and 12 noon Monday - Friday.

To make an appointment for a technical enquiry:

General enquiries such as submitting applications and photocopying will be dealt with by the Hub staff and Council Access Points during their normal hours of operation.

The Duty Service allows us to offer our customers technical advice 5 days per week, provided that they make an appointment to do so; but importantly to devote enough 'back office' time to process applications in line with our service standards.

The Community Health team are here to offer support and advice.
Due to Coronavirus restrictions you are advised to contact Licensing at Mendip District Council and/or view the Council's website for up to date information prior to submitting an application.
People who wish to run premises where alcohol is sold may require a Personal Licence.
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak no new applications will be accepted until further notice.
A scrap metal dealer must obtain a licence from the Local Authority in order to carry on business as a scrap metal dealer.
If you carry out acupuncture, electrolysis, tattooing, ear or body piercing in the Mendip District Council area you must register yourself and premises with us.
Please find below a list of licences not dealt with by Mendip District Council.