Paying a Housing Invoice

Information on paying a Housing invoice.

You can now pay for your invoiced bill using Mendip District Council's online payment system as well as the other ways to pay detailed on your invoice.

If you have received an invoice from Mendip District Council Housing Options Team, it is most likely to be for one of the following services:

Rent deposit scheme

Between 2005 and 2013, the Housing Options Team have helped people on low incomes to access the private rented sector. Eligible households that were at risk of homelessness received help towards the costs of securing their new home. In most cases, this financial help was towards the cost of rent in advance and/or deposit. The deposit may have been provided to the landlord as a bond or cash and could be claimed by the landlord where the applicant caused damage to the property or had rent arrears.

In order to receive the financial help, applicants and landlords sign an agreement to pay back any money owed once the tenancy comes to an end. If you have received an invoice for the Rent Deposit Scheme and would like to discuss it, please phone the Housing Options Team on 0300 303 8588.

Temporary accommodation, removals or storage

You may have been invoiced because you owe money for B&B charges. Alternatively you may need to be recharged the cost of your removals and/or storage. If you have a received an invoice for any of these services and would like to discuss it, please phone the Housing Options Team on 0300 303 8588 and ask to speak to your Housing Options Officer.

Debt advice

If you are struggling with debt, please contact the Mendip Citizens Advice Bureau on 01749 347182.