Housing Benefit

Am I entitled?

If you are making a new claim, the easiest way to check whether you may be entitled to Housing Benefit is to use the online benefits calculator before completing the online form. If you are entitled to make a claim for Universal Credit there will be a link at the end of the benefits calculator which you can use to go to the relevant website. In the limited situations where new claims for Housing Benefit can be made the benefits calculator will provide a link to the form.

Council Tax Support Calculator

Housing Benefit Calculator

Welfare Reform Calculator

Sending Housing Benefits your Documents

You are able to send queries to the Housing Benefits team and upload documents:

Housing Benefits - send your document

COVID-19: Test and Trace Support Payment

In some circumstances, if you are required by law to self-isolate from the 28th of September you may be supported by a payment of £500.

More information on Test and Trace Support payment scheme

Your online account will enable you to, view your council tax details, report a change of address, sign up for a direct debit, search for a council tax band, view business rates and other benefits online.
If you're struggling to pay your rent, you may be entitled to Discretionary Housing Payments.
Universal Credit is operational in the Mendip District Council area and so there are only limited circumstances where a new claim for housing benefit will be applicable.
It is your responsibility to inform the Council of changes in your circumstances.
Our benefits calculator will help you find out what benefits you can claim.
The Department for Work and Pensions Single Fraud Investigation Service (SFIS) will deal with all types of welfare fraud. SFIS will operate to a single set of policies and procedures and will provide a nationally flexible service to tackle all welfare benefit fraud.
Local Housing Allowance rates with effect from April 2020
What you can do if you disagree with a decision we have sent you about your benefit.