Register A Food Business

Registration of a food business is free and you can trade as soon as we have received your registration form. This form can also be used to keep us up to date with changes of ownership, address and food handling activities.

Register your food business using the online form at the bottom of this page. Alternatively download the Icon for pdf Food Premises Registration Form [148.66KB] and return the completed form by email to or post to the address on the form.  These forms can also be used to notify us of changes of ownership, address, and contact details.

Please note that if registering a new food business applications can only be accepted a maximum of 28 days before you expect to start trading. 

If you are still at the planning stage for your new business and have not decided when you will start trading, please wait until you have an expected opening date for your business before registering. You can still contact us for advice and support during this time at

If you have ceased trading please notify us at so that we can close any records attached to your business.

How do I register as a food business?
Do I still need to register if I am buying/running an existing food business?
Now I have registered can I trade?
How do I prove I am a registered food business for events and markets?
Do I need a license before I can trade?
Can I sell food at local markets?
Can I sell food at local markets?
Can I provide catering for shows and events?
Where can I park my mobile food unit to trade?
Can I sell food I have made at home?
What documentation do I need?
What training do food handlers need?
Where can I find support for other areas of my business?