We maintain and repair all fences, walls, roads and footpaths under our ownership.

Fencing and Walls

Report a wall or fence belonging to the Council that is in need of repair or maintenance or has/is;

  • collapsed
  • unsafe
  • been damaged 

Roads and Footpaths 

Somerset County Council, as the local Highway Authority, is responsible for looking after the highway and pavements that do not belong to Mendip District Council or are privately owned.

You can make a report by using our online form, email, telephone or post telling us:

  • location of the fence, wall, road, footpath
  • What you have seen