Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Support and guidance from Mendip District Council during Coronavirus.
Coronavirus restrictions remain in place across the country:
From 12 April:
- Non-essential retail, personal care and outdoor hospitality reopen
- Rule of 6 or two households outdoors
- Domestic overnight stays for households permitted
- Social distancing rules remain in place
- Work from home if you can, and minimise travel
Identify locations in your community that may need temporary adjustments to help ensure that people can get about safely during the Covid-19 crisis. Please tell us where these changes are working well and where we need to improve.
Anyone in Mendip who needs help during this difficult period of time can request help. Mendip District Council will help or can put people in touch with their local networks and/or voluntary groups.
Local Authorities are reporting that scammers are pretending to be health officials or offering help to collect food or medicines which are preying on people during these uncertain times.