Changing your claim

It is your responsibility to inform the Council of changes in your circumstances.

If you are in receipt of housing benefit and or council tax support you have a change in circumstances you must tell us immediately. You must provide original documents as evidence to support your changes. Failure to report changes that may affect your entitlement could result in loss of benefit.

Change in circumstances online form

Types of changes

  • Change of address 
  • The end of your or your partners entitlement to Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance
  • Changes in the income you or your partner get
  • When a young person or child ceases to be a member of your family i.e. child benefit stops or they leave the household
  • Changes in rent
  • Changes in the residency or income of non dependants 
  • absences exceeding or likely to exceed 13 weeks
  • Changes to savings and capital

Sending Housing Benefits your Documents

You are able to send queries to the Housing Benefits team and upload documents:

Housing Benefits - send your document