The Council is inviting applications for funding for projects that support community resilience, build capacity and promote wellbeing.
A one-off community fund of £350,000 has been agreed.
What will we fund?
Projects should reflect local circumstances and evidence of need. Objectives may include:
- Improving community facilities
- Community organisation / network resilience
- Supporting community volunteering opportunities and training
- Promoting physical and mental wellbeing
- Encouraging social connection
- Financial and digital inclusion
- Accessible participation in arts, creativity and heritage
This list is not exclusive; we hope to encourage a range of projects that reflect local needs and aspirations, have lasting benefits for the community, and support the Council's Corporate Priorities.
How much will we fund ?
There are two types of grants that can be applied for.
- Small projects, of up to £2,000
- Large projects, of up to £30,000 (evidence of work to secure match funding expected).