Pay-outs made to the tune of £26 million to Mendip businesses
Another milestone was reached at Mendip this week as it emerged 80% of all eligible businesses have been issued business grants - and counting.
The Council continues to process forms at pace with a whopping £26 million going to 2,000-plus organisations to date.
Any business who believes they are eligible for a business grant but has not yet submitted their details online, can register here: www.mendip.gov.uk/businessrates
Mendip staff are working their way through the many complex enquiries as quickly as is possible. For enquiries relating to a grant already being processed and in the system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leader of Mendip District Council, Cllr Ros Wyke, said: "Any business that has not yet applied should do so today, and get the money they are entitled to. These are grants, not loans. No business will ever be required to pay back this funding.
"We want to see our high streets open again across Mendip. This funding will help businesses return, and breathe life back into our villages, towns and city."
Where to get help:
- The forms to fill in with your business details are easy to navigate and can be submitted online www.mendip.gov.uk/businessrates
- Businesses that receive small business rate relief with a rateable value of up to £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000.
- Businesses in the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors with a rateable value of under £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000 per property
- Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a rateable value of between £15,001 and £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000 per property
- These are grants, not loans. Apply today: www.mendip.gov.uk/businessrates