Don't miss out: Mendip businesses urged to take up vital grant offer
Mendip District Council has issued Government grants worth almost £15.5 million to local businesses - but more are being urged to step forward and get help.
APPLY HERE: www.mendip.gov.uk/businessrates
Hundreds of businesses have been assisted by the Council, but an estimated 900 are still out there not getting the help they are entitled to.
Council staff have been contacting hundreds of eligible businesses by email, telephone, through business networks and on social media, to notify them of the scheme. They've also posted around 1,300 letters to ensure no-one misses out.
Meanwhile applications for the Small Business Grants Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund are being processed at speed. Companies who have completed the online form but have not heard back, are asked to bear with us, as some forms take longer to process.
If you feel you should have received your grant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your enquiry.
Leader of Mendip District Council, Cllr Ros Wyke, said: "It's grants that are on offer here. They are not loans. No business will ever be required to pay back this funding.
"We know these are challenging times for local businesses but the finances are there, and your Council is here to support you. Please contact us and get the help you are entitled to."
- The forms to fill in with your business details are easy to navigate and can be submitted online www.mendip.gov.uk/businessrates
- Businesses that receive small business rate relief with a rateable value of up to £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000.
- Businesses in the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors with a rateable value of under £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000 per property
- Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a rateable value of between £15,001 and £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000 per property
- These are grants, not loans. Apply today: www.mendip.gov.uk/businessrates