COVID-19: Report a Health and Safety at Work Concern

Reporting health and safety concerns in the workplace in the Mendip area.

The law requires employers and the self-employed to conduct their business in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons are not exposed to risks to their health and safety. This includes measures to prevent the spread of infectious diseases including Covid-19.

If you consider that your employer (or any business undertaking's) work activity is putting your safety at risk, with respect to COVID-19  then you should raise your concerns with that employer or person immediately. If no improvement is made at the earliest opportunity, it is important that the matter is reported promptly to the relevant enforcing authority.

You can find more information on the Health and Safety Executive's Coronavirus web pages.

The enforcement of health and safety law is split between the Council and the Health and Safety Executive, the table below indicates who is responsible for each type of business.

Please report COVID-19 concerns to Mendip District Council on 0300 3038588 or alternatively you can log your complaint using the online form below to report health and safety concerns.

If the business or workplace concerned is outside of the Mendip area please locate and report it to the council concerned: Find Your Local Council

For Mendip area please use the report form below:

Report a Health and Safety at Work concern

The council are keen to know if you believe that this is a significant risk in the workplace and we will refer the matter to HSE on your behalf if they are the relevant authority.  Though you can report direct to the Health and Safety Executive by emailing


Mendip District Council

Health and Safety Executive



Offices (except government offices )

Building sites

Pubs and clubs

Car repair and garages





Cinemas and Leisure activities


Warehouses (Purely for storage of products)

Hospitals and nursing homes

Residential homes and sheltered accommodation

Dentists and Doctors surgeries

Privately owned museums

Council and government premises

Churches and places of worship

Schools and colleges

Beauty parlours and hair dressers

Dry cleaners

Nurseries and playgroups


 Tyre and Exhaust Fitters

Mines and quarries


Chemical plants




Domestic Premises