Business grants ready to make a big difference
Councils and business networks across Somerset are working together to help provide financial lifelines for businesses struggling during the coronavirus pandemic.
And they are urging businesses with healthier cash reserves to let those in greater need apply first for the Government grants that could make a big difference in the current crisis.
All Somerset councils - district and county - and the Heart of the South West Growth Hub are responding swiftly to measures announced by the Government which include:
- A £10,000 Small Business Grant
- A £25,000 Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grant
Enough funding is available for all eligible businesses to receive a grant. And with council staff working flat-out to process applications as quickly as possible, it's important that businesses needing the help most can start the process sooner rather than later.
Businesses more able to weather the storm are asked to hold off applying for the next week or so - the grants will still be there for them if they are eligible.
Qualifying businesses must visit their district council's website to fill in the online form.
It's important that businesses:
- Check on the site that they qualify
- Have the necessary paperwork ready - details are online
Contact pages where businesses can find the grant application forms and supporting information are:
- Mendip - https://www.mendip.gov.uk/businessrates
- South Somerset - https://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/your-council/
- Sedgemoor - https://www.Sedgemoor.gov.uk/COVID19Biz
- Somerset West and Taunton - https://www.somersetwestandtaunton.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-and-information/
You can also find free support, advice and information on sources of finance, along with assistance on working from home through your local Heart of the South West Growth Hub.