COVID-19: Advice and service updates from Somerset Waste Partnership
Advice and service updates from Somerset Waste Partnership.
We are working hard with our contractors and partners, but the coronavirus will unfortunately have an impact on services as staffing levels are affected. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Service changes until further notice:
- Suspended - all garden waste collections. So customers do not lose out financially, SWP is extending all subscriptions to take account of the disruption, however long it lasts. So, if disruption continues until the end of April 2020, the new annual subscriptions will last until the end of April 2021.
- Suspended - requests for bins, recycling boxes and food waste caddies. Teams will try to deliver those already ordered, but no new requests will be accepted.
- Suspended - bulky waste collections. Booked customers will be contacted shortly about refunds.
- Paused - the roll-out of the Slim My Waste, Feed My Face campaign so support staff are available for priority work. A decision on delivering the campaign to the remaining areas of Sedgemoor and West Somerset will be taken later.
- Closed - all recycling sites.
- Suspended - missed recycling collections. Due to Covid-19 kerbside collection teams are operating with fewer resources than normal and this has severely impacted SWP's ability to complete all collections. SWP has made the difficult decision to move staff to work on essential services only. This means that SWP will not return for any missed recycling collections. SWP will however prioritise your collection round on your next scheduled collection.