Skip to main content
- The average carbon footprint per person in Mendip is approximately 8 tonnes (excluding emissions from goods and services we buy)
- A return flight from Bristol to Spain emits approximately ½ tonne of carbon into the atmosphere
- Emissions from domestic landfill waste are more than 14,500 per year in Mendip
- Deliver a programme of community and stakeholder engagement across the Council and Mendip District
- Work with local groups, Parish, City, Town Councils and other partners to address climate change
- Develop a carbon literacy programme for the Council and community to increase climate change and environmental issues awareness
Key sources of advice & information:
- Tackling climate change is a collective effort and positive action begins in the home.
- Have you ever worked out your carbon footprint? Click here to complete the WWF carbon footprint calculator to help you identify what climate actions you can commit to.
- One Home are an organisation who provide practical solutions on all things green. They have identified their "Ten Top Tips for Tacking Climate Change" - a simple guide to enable and encourage low-carbon lifestyle choices.