Information contains the actions we have identified to support local businesses reduce their carbon footprints and also provides links to guidance and information on low-carbon actions businesses can take.
What we are planning to do
- Promote and fund new green business awards and initiatives
- Find out what grants and funding are available for local businesses
- Promote "plastic-free" businesses
- Encourage businesses to develop travel plans for employees
- Explore potential of a Local collection point for commercial waste to reduce travelling to Dimmer site
- Identify key businesses to pilot the promotion of plastic-free consumables in businesses
- Work with local businesses to find out how they use plastic and promote ways to reduce plastic in business
Key sources of advice & information:
Find out 6 ways your business can reduce its carbon footprint
Frome Town Council have produced a Green Directory of suppliers and businesses that can help you improve your home and make it more comfortable and environmentally-friendly. Many of the businesses are local, wherever possible. Visit The Green Directory to find a supplier to help you reduce the carbon footprint of your home and potentially save money too.
COVID-19 and the use of single-use items by the hospitality industry
Where we recognise the potential environmental impact of the local hospitality industry using single use items at this current time, this practice is regarded as a control measure that businesses have put in place to manage the risk of COVID-19 contamination.
The Council ensures local businesses are informed of updated working safely guidance and although does not direct duty holders to implement specific measures, does support them in doing all they can to reduce the risk of customers contracting the virus, whilst remaining operational. For further information please visit COVID-19: Guidance for Food Businesses.