Skip to main content
- Currently, only 1% of people commute to work by bicycle in the UK
- Emissions from transport make up 34% of Mendip's total carbon footprint
- In 2018, 65,600 cars were registered in Mendip, only 0.3% of those were Ultra Low Emission Vehicles
- Support improvement of public transport network across the Mendip district
- Increase the number of footpaths and cycle paths within Mendip
- Support and enable the transition to zero emission transport in the district
Key sources of advice and information:
- Have you thought about ditching the car when getting around locally, and cycling or walking to where you need to go instead ? Visit the Sustrans website for helpful tips and advice on how to travel sustainably and safely.
- Why not leave the car at home and go for a walk with the family at the weekend? Visit the Ramblers website for local walking routes.
- Could you take the bus to work? For more information on local bus services, visit the First Bus website.
- The Travelwest website has lots of useful information on sustainable travel, including a journey planner which shows you cycle routes and charging points for electric vehicles. Click here to visit the site.
- Useful maps for walking and cycling in and around Mendip towns: