- The carbon footprint per Mendip household (emissions from heat & power) is 5 tonnes per year
- In 2015 there was an estimated 47,900 houses in Mendip. By 2035 this figure is expected to grow by 17.3%
- If houses are continued to be built in the way they currently are, the increased housing numbers in Mendip will result in an extra 29,886 tonnes of carbon by 2030
- 71% of Mendip households are heated using gas boilers and 0.4% have no heating system at all
Key sources of advice & information:
If you are looking to make your home more energy efficient, but may need some advice or financial assistance, please visit our "Energy Efficiency at Home" page for more information.
Are you unsure whether you need Planning Permission to install renewable energy in your home? Visit our Planning page to download our guidance on installing renewables or the Planning Portal website for more information.
You can also find information and advice about how to improve your home:
- Grants and Loans to Improve Your Home Energy Efficiency
- Making your Property Energy Efficient
- Renewable Energy
- Improving the energy efficiency of older houses
What we are planning to do
- Implement and support measures to reduce fuel poverty
- Full review of local plan and policy
- Promote low/zero carbon developments