Skip to main content
- Institutional buildings account for 29% of carbon emissions from energy consumption in Mendip
- Energy used to heat and power Mendip households account for 25% of the district's total carbon emissions
- 71% of Mendip households are heated by mains gas
- Reduce carbon footprint of all Mendip District Council buildings and facilities
- Support and encourage Mendip residents to reduce their household carbon footprints associated with heat and power
- Increase and promote renewable energy throughout the district
Key sources of advice & information:
- Do you want to make your home more energy efficient? Organisations such as the Centre of Sustainable Energy and Energy Saving Trust provide helpful advice and support on topics such as insulation and renewable energy.
- The Carbon Trust's green business directory list accredited suppliers for energy efficiency and renewable energy installations.
- Have you thought about installing solar panels, but don't know where to start? IDDEA have launched "Solar Streets" campaigns in Wells and Frome, and can provide advice on how to install renewables in the home.