Somerset Integrated Domestic Abuse Services (SIDAS)
The support line 0800 694 9999 is a single point of contact for confidential advice and support to any person concerned about domestic abuse in the Avon and Somerset area.
To speak to a SIDAS worker, phone the local support helpline (0800 694 9999) and select the option for Somerset. If no one can answer your call, leave a number and a safe time to call and they will get back to you.
- independent information, advice and guidance from specially trained staff
- one to one support from a dedicated support worker who will help you form a plan and help you to improve your safety and wellbeing
- workshops for women to identify, comes to terms with and overcome the impact of domestic abuse
- one to one support for children and young people if they have witnessed or been part of the abuse
- if you are assessed as a person or family at high risk then you will be allocated an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) to provide you additional safety planning and support in attending court
- Voluntary Perpetrator Programme which is a group programme for men who want to change their behaviour
- support to access refuges that provide not only safe accommodation but ongoing support during what can be, a very difficult time in your life
For more information and to find out what services are available, please visit the Somerset Survivor's website.
The Somerset Survivors website provides information, help and support for anyone affected by domestic abuse in Somerset, including a directory of local and national services.