Notification for Prior Approval to Change the Use of Land/Buildings From Classes A1 (Shops) or A2 (Financial/Professional Services) to Class C3 (Dwellinghouses) Checklist
In order for your application to be accepted as valid you need to comply with the National Requirements set out below:
Application Form or written description of the proposed development.
A plan indicating the site and showing the proposed development. A plan drawn to an identified scale will assist in assessing your development proposal.
Plans can be bought from the Planning Portal:
The fee schedule: Schedule of Fees
- Details of any partial demolition required and an explanation of why demolition is reasonably necessary to carry out any building operations.
- Building Operations:
- A schedule of building operations in relation to the installation or replacement of windows, doors, roofs, or exterior walls, or water, drainage, electricity, gas or other services.
- A schedule of materials/finishes/colours in relation to the installation or replacement of windows, doors, roofs or exterior walls.
- Explanation of why the extent of building operations is reasonably necessary for the building to function as a dwellinghouse.
- Photographs of the building/s and land subject to the application.
- A Structural Survey and Existing/Proposed Elevations are recommended but not mandatory.
The following reports may also be necessary
All submitted plans must be to a recognised scale, plans that include the words 'Do Not Scale' will not be registered.
Advice for hard copy applications -
2 sets of paper documents need to be provided.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Check:
To ensure your application is processed and validated quickly, please DO NOT INCLUDE SIGNATURES or any personal information that requires redacting within any of the plans or accompanying documents other than the application forms.
If information of a personal nature needs to be submitted as a material consideration, please include this in a separate document clearly marked as such.