What are cookies?
Cookies are simple text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, website's domain name, and some digits and numbers.
We want to make our online services easy, useful and reliable, which sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer or other device. These include small files known as cookies, which cannot be used to identify you personally but can be used to improve our services to you through, for example:-
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- Measuring how many people are using particular services, so they can be made easier and more effective to use
- Analysing data to help us understand how you use our online services so we can improve them
You can set your computer not to accept cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at About Cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
Cookies used on mendip.gov.uk
The following are cookies you may come across on this site.
Set by Mendip District Council
- Domain: mendip.gov.uk
Set by Third parties
(Cookies set by other web sites which we use on the Mendip site.)
- Domain: maps.mendip.gov.uk
- Purpose: We store location of interest for viewing council service and environmental data relating to those premises, enabling users to easily return to information about their main property of interest .
- Domain: youtube.com
- Purpose: some YouTube videos are embedded on mendip.gov.uk. A YouTube cookie is used to provide web analytics in terms of the number of times a video has been watched and/or shared.
- Domain: mendip.gov.uk
- Purpose: To gather statistics to inform Mendip District Council on visitors and their journeys using www.mendip.gov.uk
- Domain: addthis.com
- More information is available from Privacy and Data Practices: What You Should Know
We embed "widgets" from various other organisations within our pages and these may set cookies. You can see the various organisation's privacy policies by following the links below.
Set By External Websites