Club Machine and Club Gaming Permits

Certain premises, which are licensed for the sale of alcohol, are entitled to make a number of gaming machines available for use on their premises, if we have given permission to do so.

One of the many functions of the Licensing Authority is to:

● Licence premises for gambling activities

● Grant permits for gaming and gaming machines in clubs

● Regulate gaming and gaming machines in alcohol licensed premises

A qualifying club may apply for a Club Machine Permit (CMP) or a Club Gaming Permit (CGP). A qualifying club has general conditions it must satisfy. These may be found at Club Premises Certificate Application. Commercial clubs are not eligible to apply for CGPs. A CGP allows equal chance gaming as well as machines. The permit holder must have the right to occupy the premises. However the club cannot apply if they already hold a Gambling Act 2005 premises licence. The club must be established other than for gaming (except bridge or whist which are exempt).

Commercial clubs cannot have a B3A machine.