Premises Licence DPS Vary Application

Every premises that holds a premises licence to sell alcohol (apart from a registered club) must have a DPS (Designated Premises Supervisor) in day to day running control of the premises.

The DPS must hold a personal licence. To sell alcohol without a DPS in place is an offence which could lead to prosecution.
Your application should consist of an application form, consent form and the fee.

Icon for pdf 1. DPS Vary application guidance [32.31KB]

Icon for pdf 2. DPS Vary application [157.88KB]

Icon for pdf 3. DPS Vary Consent form [68.61KB]

Icon for pdf Request to be removed as DPS [152.27KB]

Icon for pdf Notification of change of name or address of DPS [141.16KB]

Important note

The application to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as designated premises supervisor under the Licensing Act 2003 asks the licensee to give a copy of the form to the existing premises supervisor. The completed form contains personal information about the proposed new DPS and sharing this information would be in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998. It is sufficient for the licensee to inform the DPS that the application has been made, without the need to share the specific details of the application. A full copy of the application form must still be sent to police. The form will be amended via regulations as soon as possible to make this clear.

Please visit for further information.

The Act requires the existing DPS to be notified of the application, so when we amend the form it will ask the applicant to notify the existing DPS but not actually share the application form.

DPS Fees

Please visit our Fees and Charges page for information on our DPS fees.

DPS Fees and Charges