Aggressive Dogs

If a dog is dangerously out of control in a public place then the owner or the person in charge of the dog at the time has committed an offence under the Dangerous Dogs Act (1991). If the dog injures a human while it is out of control the offence becomes more serious.

If you have been attacked by a dog, you should inform the Police on 101 or in an emergency call 999.

Dog on animal attacks

If your animal has been seriously attacked by another persons dog please do the following:

  1. Check both dogs for any wounds
  2. If your dog is injured, take it to the vet as soon as possible
  3. Get the details of the other dogs owner - their address is essential in order for us to write to them
  4. Contact us using the details below


What we can do

In the majority of cases such incidents are a civil matter between the individuals concerned, however we will write to the dog's owner reminding them of responsible dog ownership.

How to complain about a dog attack

Environmental Complaints and Comments