How to make a Freedom of Information request?
Make a Freedom of Information request if you can't find what you're looking for on this page.
Before you make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request has a similar request for information been made recently?
Save time and check the FOI responses pages for:
- Freedom of Information Responses - Business Rates
- Freedom of Information Responses - Environmental Health, Animal Welfare and Licensing
- Freedom of Information Responses - Housing
- Freedom of Information Responses - ICT, Contracts and Finance
- Freedom of Information Responses - Planning
- Freedom of Information Responses - Miscellaneous Enquiries
Have you checked if the information or data is already available?
Check the Council's publication scheme which lists information available to the public as part of the council's normal business activities:
A wide range of public information, data and statistics are available on the links on the table below:
|Subject Area||Public Information, Data and Statistics|
|Council Information||Council's Constitution|
Organisation Chart and Senior Salaries
|Employment and Equalities||Equality Duty |
Working for Mendip District Council
|Budgets and Finance||Finance |
Expenditure over £500
|Business Rates||A list of business rates accounts (updated monthly) and empty properties liable for business rates (updated quarterly) is published FOI responses - Business Rates|
|Current Contracts Information||Procurement and Contracts Register|
|Open Data||Mendip District Council INSPIRE Data|
|Local Statistics||Local Statistics|
|Glastonbury Festival||Glastonbury Festival|
How to make a request
Requests must be made in writing and may be submitted in either of the following ways:
- By submitting the online form under Useful Forms below.
- By submission of an application form or letter addressed to David Clark, Mendip District Council, Council Offices, Cannards Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, BA4 5BT
Please ensure you include an email address or postal address in order for us to be able to correspond with you.