View and Comment on Planning Applications
The Council publishes all valid applications for viewing by Members of the Public. You can view the plans, accompanying documents and consultation responses.
COVID-19: Guidance relating to the Planning Process in the current situation
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 the Planning Service, with respect to Development Management, has adopted new procedures as from 8 April 2020.
In addition, you can also view representations from members of the public and Parish/Town/City Councils. Once an application has been decided you can view any Officer or Planning Board reports and a copy of the final decision notice.
How to register on the Planning Search facility
It is very easy to set up your Planning Search password, just go directly to the Register page on the Planning Search system and fill in your details.
If you have already set up your Planning Search ID and password simply log in.
You can view some of the planning history for properties and related development constraints.
You can find information about planning applications, including application forms, plans and decisions in our dedicated planning search facility.
Commenting or Following an Application:
If you would like to make a comment on a planning application or follow its progress the quickest and easiest way to comment is to use the online comment facility. You will need to register to receive a Planning Search log in and password. Details on how to do this can be found below.
Please note that because this is a dedicated on-line planning search system, you cannot use your Mendip District Council website log in or password.
You can make comments on an application in a number of different ways:
- Using our on line comment facility by registering
- By emailing Consultations@mendip.gov.uk quoting the application number.
- Please make comments within the 21 day consultation period or they may not be considered. You may still be able to comment on an application that is outside the consultation period and before it is decided by emailing email@example.com We recommend you do so as soon as possible because a decision can be made any time after the consultation period has expired.
- Please be aware that comments submitted on-line will not be viewable to the public until the content has been checked. We endeavour to upload comments within 5 working days of receipt.
- Full details of the issues we take into account along with an explanation of the planning process can be found here
- Please note that comments will be made available for public inspection on the Council's website including your name and address.
- Do not make comments that are offensive, abusive or malicious or they may not be published
- Please ensure that you only provide information, including personal information belonging to you, that you are happy will be made available to others. The Council will remove personal contact details such as email address and/or phone numbers prior to uploading to the web.
- You cannot comment on applications for Discharge of Condition/Legal Obligation or Non-Material Amendment (reference numbers ending APP, S106 and NMA).
- Comments submitted online or by email will be acknowledged and displayed online. Comments received by post will not be acknowledged but will appear on-line.
Please refer to the Mendip District Council Privacy Notice and also the Planning-and-Growth-Services individual Privacy Notices for information on the data we collect from you when you make a comment on an application and what we do with it.
How to use Public Access
The council's Public Access website allows you to view details of planning applications currently being considered by the council as well as some planning history.