Communities Fund: Large projects, of up to £30,000
To support large community projects up to £30k (evidence of work to secure match funding is expected).
Applications for this grant have now closed from midnight on the 30th September 2021.
Who can apply for money?
You can apply if you work or volunteer for a:
- registered charity or charitable incorporated organisation
- community group with a constitution and a bank account
- schools ( including Academies )
- City/Town/Parish Councils
- community interest companies
- community benefit society
- social Enterprises
- village hall committees
- recognised places of worship if they are accessible to all
While we can give money to a statutory organisation, like a parish council or a school, we can't support statutory duties.
Your group must have a:
- governing document or set of rules
- committee of at least three unrelated people
- bank account in its name
- safeguarding policy if your work needs one.
Who can't apply for money?
We will not give money to:
- individuals or sole traders
- national organisations and groups based outside of Mendip
- activities that have already taken place or purchases that you have already made
- groups that give money to another group, rather than spend it on their own activities
- groups that have more than 12 months running costs in free reserves
- the promotion of religion. But we will support secular activities run by faith-based groups
- activities that are about animal welfare.
What will happen to my application?
The initial assessment of applications will be against a criteria checklist, followed by a points-based and cross-checked analysis of the information provided by applicants on the application form and attached documents.
Applications which have passed the criteria checklist and reached a satisfactory score on the points-based assessment will be further considered by a cross party Grants Panel consisting of Members of the Council and plus a representative from SPARK. The panel will then determine whether funds are awarded.
The closing date for applications is 30th September 2021 at midnight.