Arranging Voluntary Litter Picks
We actively encourage communities to arrange voluntary litter picks.
Should you wish to organise a voluntary litter pick event in your area please read and sign Guidance for Voluntary Litter Picking [39kb] even if you do not wish to borrow any equipment.
How to arrange:
- Check our calendar below to see if the litter picking equipment is available on the day you would like to carry out your voluntary litter pick event
- Complete a registration form, follow the link at the bottom of the page 'apply for this service'
- Complete a risk assessment [20kb] as per this example (don't forget about the hot and cold weather conditions) and communicate associated risks to all volunteers
- A Mendip District Council officer will contact you to confirm your booking within two working days of receiving the completed registration form
After confirmation of the booking please:
- Collect the equipment from Idverde Ltd at Unit 2, Quarry Way, Waterlip, Shepton Mallet, BA4 4RN
- Take the signed 'guidance to voluntary litter picking' document with you when collecting the equipment
*Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, BT, other fixed line or payphone.
Equipment Hire Calendar
Check our calendar to see if the litter picking equipment is available on the day you would like to carry out your activity. Equipment is already booked out on any dates which have a shaded background.