Postcode Search
Search site

Landlord services and information

Last modified: 21 September 2017
  • Responsibilities of a landlord

    As a landlord it can be difficult knowing what you are legally responsible for. Our frequently asked questions will provide information on any legal requirements and recommended good practice with regards to renting out a property to tenants.

  • Energy Efficiency

    Domestic Energy Efficiency advice

  • House in Multiple Occupation Licence

    A House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) is a property occupied by three or more persons who form two or more households. A household could be a single person, or persons related to each other. If you rent out a property as an HMO it may require an HMO licence from Mendip District Council if certain criteria are met. Failing to licence a property may result in a fine of up to £20,000