Postcode Search
Search site

Dog Fouling

While we recognise that the majority of dog walkers within Mendip clean up after their dog, a minority of people still fail to do so

How can I report fouling?

    If you would like to make a complaint about dog fouling, we will need the following information from you:

    • Your name and address
    • Your telephone number
    • Email address (if you have one)
    • The location of the fouling
    • Whether or not there are any 'No Fouling' signs in place at the moment
    • Any details of the dog owner(s) responsible (if known)

    Mendip District Council do not take anonymous complaints. We will need the above details from you in order to pursue a complaint, and any details given will remain confidential and will not be disclosed by us without your permission.

    What we can do:

    • Request a clean up of the area if it is on public land
    • Submit a request for 'No Fouling' signs to be erected
    • Send out some 'No Fouling' stickers to be placed by yourself in the affected area
    • Write to owners that are allowing their dog to foul and failing to pick it up (if known)

    How to contact us

    You can contact us on any of the below methods or by completing the form at the bottom of this page:

    Telephone: 0300 303 8588


    Post: Neighbourhood Services, Mendip District Council, Cannards Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, BA4 5BT


    Last modified: 29 June 2018