Postcode Search
Search site

Do I need Public Liability Insurance?

It is a good idea to have public liability insurance to cover your event.

If you are engaging contractors whether to put up a marquee, provide a bouncy castle, or run a food stall you should check that they have public liability insurance in place. The Council requires all hirers of their land to have cover, but for community run very small events it may not be necessary.

To notify the Safety Advisory Group of your event please use the online form  event notification form or for more information about event safety information for event organisers please visit this web page.

Last modified: 19 July 2017