Postcode Search
Search site

Can I serve food at my event?

You do not need any special permission to provide food at a street party or community event, but if you are selling food or engaging food traders to come to your event then food hygiene legislation will apply.

Further information visit our food safety web page pages and view our  pdf icon Catering at shows and events [460kb].  If you are preparing food at home then do follow the simple advice on the NHS Choices website for prepare food safely.  

To notify the Safety Advisory Group of your event please use the online form  event notification form or for more information about event safety information for event organisers please visit this web page.

Last modified: 19 July 2017