We want to make our online services easy, useful and reliable, which sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer or other device. These include small files known as cookies, which cannot be used to identify you personally but can be used to improve our services to you through, for example:-
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- Measuring how many people are using particular services, so they can be made easier and more effective to use
- Analysing data to help us understand how you use our online services so we can improve them
We use the Socitm Website Takeup Service and Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and help us to create a more useful and easy to use website, focused on our customers' needs. Other cookies are set by systems linked to the Council's website (listed below) to enable them to work effectively for you.
You can set your computer not to accept cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at About Cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you ma not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
If you would like to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics you can use the Opt Out tool.
Cookies used on mendip.gov.uk
The following are cookies you may come across on this site.
Set by Mendip District Council
- Domain: mendip.gov.uk
Set by Third parties
(Cookies set by other web sites which we use on the Mendip site.)
- Domain: socitm.net
- Purpose: We use a Socitm survey to ask visitors their opinion of our site to enable us to continually improve it. Socitm set a cookie to make sure that you are not asked to complete the survey every time you visit the site.
- Domain: google.com
- Purpose: We use Google Analytics to gather information about how you use our site so we can assess which pages are used, which internet browsers our customers use, and which interactive tools are used. This informs Mendip's development and improvement of the site for our customers. Google set a cookie so we can see which pages people have landed on and how they have navigated through the site.
- Domain: maps.mendip.gov.uk
- Purpose: We store location of interest for viewing council service and environmental data relating to those premises, enabling users to easily return to information about their main property of interest .
- Domain: translate.google.co.uk
- More information is available from Google
- Domain: youtube.com
- Purpose: some YouTube videos are embedded on mendip.gov.uk. A YouTube cookie is used to provide web analytics in terms of the number of times a video has been watched and/or shared.
- Domain: addthis.com
- More information is available from Privacy and Data Practices: What You Should Know
We embed "widgets" from various other organisations within our pages and these may set cookies. You can see the various organisation's privacy policies by following the links below.
Set By External Websites