Postcode Search
Search site

Making a claim for Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support is a means tested discount to help people, whether unemployed, working or on a low income, to pay their Council Tax.

Support for housing costs for new claims is now generally provided by Universal Credit. Please complete our online Council Tax Support calculator which will advise whether you should claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. It will also advise you whether you may be entitled to Council Tax support. 

Further information on the evidence you may be required to provide can be found in this document:  pdf icon Standards of evidence for housing benefit and council tax reduction scheme claims [245kb] 

Last modified: 29 November 2018