Postcode Search
Search site

Making a Benefit Claim

Universal Credit is operational in the Mendip District Council area and so there are only limited circumstances where a new claim for housing benefit will be applicable.

Support for housing costs for new claims is now generally provided by Universal Credit. Please complete our online benefits calculator which will advise whether you should claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. It will also advise you whether you may be entitled to Council Tax support. 

Further information on the evidence you may be required to provide can be found in this document:  pdf icon Standards of evidence for housing benefit and council tax reduction scheme claims [245kb] 

Last modified: 29 November 2018