Postcode Search
Search site

Animal Boarding Establishment

Any person that intends to carry on the business of providing accommodation for other people's dogs and cats needs a licence from us

A licence is required even if the premises used for boarding is your own home.

pdf icon Application for a Licence to Keep a Boarding Establishment for Animals [252kb]

pdf icon Mendip District Council (Lacors) Home Boarding Licence Conditions for Dogs [101kb]

pdf icon Mendip District Council Cat Boarding Establishment Licence Conditions [88kb]

pdf icon Mendip District Council Dog Boarding Establishment Licence Conditions [86kb]

How can I apply for a Licence

You will need to download the Application for a Licence to keep a Boarding Establishment for Animals form, fill it in and return it to us with the fee.

Where can I get help if I am thinking of applying for a Licence for the first time

Please contact us for advice if you are thinking of starting a business providing boarding for the first time. You will find the Mendip District Council Licence conditions helpful to give you an idea of the standards we expect to find at premises.

Last modified: 25 October 2016